STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines 450ml
The exclusive formula in STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines fortifies motor oil with an extra measure of additives, providing increased levels of viscosity improver plus anti-wear, anti-friction and anti-oxidation agents. STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines, a mineral oil based additive, provides extra protection against engine heat and allows oil to maintain key lubricating properties for longer to keep the engine going strong until the next oil change.
Benefits of Using STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines
STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines used regularly helps
* Reduce engine wear
* Reduce engine deposits, keeping vital engine parts cleaner
* Reduce oil consumption
* Provide extra engine protection
* Improve oil viscosity
* Fight oil oxidation and breakdown
* Reduce corrosion
STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines.
* Is recommended for use in all four cycle petrol engines including cars, trucks, vans, tractors, boats, motorcycles, marine engines
* Is effective with all types of engine oil
* Can be used in a turbo charged vehicle
* Must not be used in a vehicle with a wet clutch: the friction reducing properties of STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines will make the clutch slip.
* Must not be used in a two stroke vehicle
* Is best added to a fresh oil change or in-between changes to boost or replenish key additives
* Can be used with other STP additives.
* How STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines Works
All motor oils contain additives to fight friction and reduce engine wear, but whatever quality of oil being used, the heat and extreme pressure generated by just normal driving uses up and breaks down this protection. Fresh motor oil and motor oil's additives can begin to break down after just 50 miles, and as a result may not provide the necessary protection between oil changes. This results in a sludge build-up, oil oxidation, and acid formation, which all lead to excessive wear and poor engine performance.
STP Oil Treatment for Petrol Engines is a mineral oil based oil additive specifically formulated for use with today's high quality motor oils to restore motor oil additives and provide extra protection to new motor oils and, as such, contains four of the important components typically used in the formulation of these motor oils.
* A dispersant modified ethylene-propylene copolymer viscosity modifier (Viscosity Index Improver); used in the formulation of lubricants to provide greater resistance to thickening at low temperatures and thinning at high temperatures. The dispersant carries deposits away from the engine, preventing them from adhering to engine parts.
* An effective anti-wear/anti-oxidant compound (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate - ZDDP, the most highly recognised anti-wear agent used in today's motor oils); serves to protect vital engine parts from wear caused by metal to metal contact (cams, lifters, etc), and helps prevent thermal oil breakdown.
* An overbased calcium sulphonate detergent; efficiently cleans deposits, varnish and sludge from the metal surfaces of the engine, neutralising acids formed by combustion and thus reducing corrosion. The dispersant then carries deposits away, preventing them from adhering to engine parts.
* A solvent refined mineral oil basestock.
- Additional Information
Brand STP Barcode 5018704350319 Petrol or Diesel Engines Petrol Volume 450ml Specifications Product Code:- 60450EN
Looking to buy some STP for your vehicle?
If you would like some advice on purchasing STP, simply contact our expert sales team, giving us either an email or phone number on which to contact you and we'll get back to you right away with the best advice and prices or contact us by email. [email protected] Phone.. 01792 818414